- Fourth generation bookmaker
- 2008, was Australia’s largest and most profitable on-course bookmaker with turnover of over $200 million p.a.
- In 2010 launched the online sports betting business TOMWATERHOUSE.COM. Within two years this became one of the largest Australian online sports betting companies.
- com in this time grew from start up with three people to over 100 and from less than 1,000 clients to approximately 250,000.
- In August 2013 COMwas sold to William Hill, (continued as Managing Director of TOMWATERHOUSE.COM)
- In July 2014 became CEO of William Hill Australia operating the Tomwaterhouse.com, Centrebet, Sportingbet and William Hill brands operating from three countries with approx. 500 employees, one million clients and over two billion dollars in turnover.
- In 2018 William Hill Australia was acquired by Stars Group and Tom purchased back TOMWATERHOUSE.COM
- 2018 re-launched TOMWATERHOUSE.COM as a subscription online Tipping Business.
- Appeared on Dancing with the Stars (TV show) in 2007
- Lived in Crown Casino for four years 2008-2012