About Us - Bright Ideas, Brilliant Events
For over 20 years, we have been a beacon of inspiration, innovation and thought-leadership, helping businesses chart their course to success with our insightful and industry-focused events. We believe the first-ever gaming start-up launchpad in Asia would provide a stronger and more comprehensive platform to promote new and bright ideas in igaming industry, one of the most exciting industries in the world.
iGA Gaming Innovation Start-up Launchpad
Date: 14 March 2018, Day 2 of 10th iGA Congress
Venue: Grand Hyatt, Macau.
Application Deadline: 9 February 2018
Gaming Events by Beacon
Beacon Events is the organizer of some of the longest running gaming conferences in the Asia-Pacific region, the company gathers regulators, leading consultants, service providers, operators and affiliates of the online and land-based gaming sectors. We understand that Asia is an energetic market filled with changes and opportunities, that’s why we have new events and workshops to assist gaming executives to stay ahead of the curve.
We currently have four conferences that answer the needs of different gaming sectors:
- iGaming Asia Congress (iGA): The longest running dedicated iGaming event in Asia where iGaming operators can gain the latest market, product and market insights from industry experts, and network with leading country authorities, top solution suppliers and marketers around the world
- Gaming, Racing & Wagering Australia (GRWA): The longest standing gaming conference in the Australian and New Zealand region discussing the local political landscape and gaming scene for land-based gaming, wagering and racing operators
- Asia Gaming Summit (AGS): A conference covering the latest regulatory updates, licensing topics, developments, marketing & diversification trends and innovations in gaming/igaming, online casino, sports betting, eSports and lottery in Asia
- Investment Opportunities in Asian Gaming (IOiAG): An inaugural conference held at the Solaire Resort & Casino, Manila, in June 2018 covering the latest land-based regulatory updates and providing a comprehensive overview of the various investment and expansion opportunities.
Final Prize and Other Opportunities
Opportunities for Shortlisted Finalists
Speaking at iGA 2018: A slot within the launchpad session on 14 March 2018 will be offered to showcase their products/services in front of a panel of judges, who are all experts and investors from the gaming industry. In addition to this, there are going to be over 150 C-level executives joining and attending the conference.
Media Exposure: The shortlisted finalists will be announced on iGA website. There are also chances to be mentioned in the press release of iGA Congress (List of iGA’s media partners).
Prize for the Winner
A table top exhibitor booth and one delegate pass at one of Beacon Events’ gaming conferences.* (worth USD$9,800) The grand prize is sponsored by True Flip
* Winner could choose from Gaming, Racing & Wagering Australia (GRWA) 2018, Asia Gaming Summit (AGS) 2018, Investment Opportunities in Asian Gaming (IOAG) 2018 or iGaming Asia Congress (iGA) 2019.
Submission Process for the Launchpad and Important Dates
- Please complete the online form on or before 9 February 2018 (Friday);
- Your submission will be kept confidential and shared only with the Launchpad panel and moderator;
- The shortlisted finalists will be announced on or before 16 February 2018 (Friday) at iGA website and finalists will be contacted directly via email and/or phone;
- Please ensure your availability during the conference days 13-15 of March, in case you will be shortlisted for the finals;
- Each final project is entitled to 2 complementary passes with access to conference day 2, 14 March 2018, the day that Launchpad final is held. View programme at a glance
Rules and Regulations of the Launchpad
Beacon Events has been supporting and promoting bright ideas and producing educational conferences for over 20 years. We truly understand the spirit of entrepreneurship and the importance for various industry leaders to meet and discuss new ideas and trends.
We hope to be able to offer a platform for start-ups to display new and exciting products and services, in front of a more consolidated audience of industry players. We are looking for companies that are beyond just the ‘concept phase’, it has to be more than just a concept. There must be a demonstrable product/service.
Below are some important rules to keep in mind before and after the application:
- ‘Early Stage’ only. This is a Launchpad and as such we are looking for early stage companies. Ideally those at prototype stage or who’ve launched in the last few months, and so haven’t gained significant media/investment attention and also are not at the idea concept! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible;
- Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project must not have raised large amounts of money from institutional investors;
- A company not a product. This is a stage for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investments; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions;
- Solid core team. Your team should ideally consist of at least 2 people;
- Scalable Solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level;
- English Speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, iGaming Asia Congress is an English-speaking event, however, no perfect English is required.
The three finalists are
- Skytree Digital
The winner is: